Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Eucalyptus globulus
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: leaves
Strength of Aroma: Potent
Aromatic Scent: lemony, spicy, pungent
- Eucalyptus oil is used for healing wounds, ulcers, burns, cuts, abrasions and sores. It is also an effective salve for insect bites and stings. Not only does it sooth the affected area, it also protects the open wound or irritated area from developing infections.
- Eucalyptus oil is also used for treating fever and reducing body temperature. This is why one of the common names of eucalyptus oil is fever oil .
- It is effective for treating cold, cough, runny nose, sore throat, asthma, nasal congestion, bronchitis, sinusitis and other respiratory ailments. One can massage 1-3 drops onto the chest and the soothing effect of the aroma and vapors will calm the throat and dilate the blood vessels, which will allowmore oxygen into the lungs and normal breathing can be achieved. The anti-inflammatory properties of eucalyptus essential oil brings relief from asthmatic symptoms.
- Eucalyptus oil is a stimulant which assists in alleviating exhaustion and mental sluggishness and rejuvenates the spirits of the sick. It can also be effective in the treatment of stress and mental disorders. It also stimulates mental activity and increases blood flow to the brain. More blood to the brain facilitates increased mental capacities.
- Massaging eucalyptus oil on the surface of the skin helps to relieve stress and pain. Excellent for rheumatism, lumbago, sprained ligaments and tendons, stiff muscles, aches, fibrosis and even nerve pain. The oil should be massaged in a circular motion on the affected areas of the body.
- Due to its well-known qualities as a bug repellent and natural pesticide, it is frequently used as a natural treatment of lice. Comb a few drops of eucalyptus oil through a lice-infested head.
- It works well when combined with peppermint oil and sprayed on the body. Eucalyptus oil can also be added to baths, spas and saunas to release it’s refreshing and antiseptic attributes. Most of the benefits of eucalyptus essential oil can be accessed through diffusing in the air, as well as massage oil application.
- Add several drops into warm bath water to soak in elasticity to weary joints and muscles. Putting a little Epsom salt or Himalayan Crystal Salt in the bath water increases the therapeutic quality of the treatment. Himalayan Crystal Salt feeds the body with natural minerals which may not be present in one’s dietary intake.
- Add a little Thyme essential oil for an extra boost. Relax, re-charge, release imbalances NOW.