Botanical Name: Acorus Calamus
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: roots
Strength of Aroma: Moderate
Aromatic Scent: sweet cinnamon-like
- Calamus essential oil stimulates nerve and blood circulation. It increases the rate of blood circulation in the affected area and gives relief from the pain and swelling associated with rheumatism, arthritis, and gout.
- This essential oil has a refreshing effect on the brain (however only use it in very mild doses please). It activates neural pathways and is also effective in curing neurotic disorders. This oil is also induces and promotes positive thoughts. It assist memory issues.
- Being a stimulant, it increases blood circulation and helps nutrients and oxygen reach every corner of the body thus stimulating the entire metabolism.
- Low doses of this oil can induce sleep and work as a very effective tranquilizer. This may be of great assistance to those experiencing sleeplessness or insomnia. This oil is also used for the treatment of headaches and vertigo, along with being a sedative.
- Use Calamus Essential Massage Oil to enhance brain functioning, alertness and steadiness.
- Diffuse into the air. Calamus oil can carry you through on balanced wings. Flight (progress) is mush easier using the two wings of clarity and alertness. Go forward with steady determination.
- Add several drops into warm bath water to unwind the knots of body and mind. Putting a little Epsom or Himalayan Crystal Salt in the bath water increases the therapeutic quality of the treatment. Himalayan Crystal Salt feeds the body with natural minerals which may not be present in one’s dietary intake.
- Add a little Bergamot or Clary Sage essential oil for an extra boost. Relax, re-charge, release imbalances NOW.