Sweet Birch Essential Oil
Offering the finest quality therapeutic grade essential oils
Aromatherapy properties: Birch essential oil is a rare and hard to produce oil created from the steam distillation of the wood of the tree. It’s stimulating minty aroma promotes feelings of strength, warmth, and vitality. Within the physical body, birch support muscles, joints, circulatory system, respiratory system, and is beneficial for oily skin conditions.
Physical Therapeutic Properties:
- The two of the most important properties of birch oil are it’s antiseptic and disinfectant properties. The components responsible for these properties are Salicylic Acid and Methyl Salicylate, two well known germicides and bactericides in the world of medicine. They protect the skin from both bacterial and fungal infections
- Birch Oil is a stimulant by nature. It stimulates the nervous, circulatory, digestive and excretory systems. It also stimulates the endocrine glands that result in more secretions of enzymes and essential hormones. This can play a beneficial role in diseases associated with the improper secretion of hormones, including diabetes, where the enhanced insulin production will help lower the blood sugar levels.
- It helps reduce body temperature during fever by promoting perspiration. This also helps in the removal of toxins from the body through sweat during fever, further improving the condition of the patient and leading towards a faster recovery time.
- Birch oil is helpful in reducing pain associated with the joints and muscles, headaches and toothaches.
- It is also antispasmodic and relieves cramping throughout the body.
- Used as a tonic, it gives feelings of strength, warmth and vitality. It is ideal for use in extremely cold climates.
Mental and Emotional Therapeutic Properties:
Sweet Birch oil assits in gaining confidence, understanding the importance of community, grounding oneself with stability and balancing all with a sweet disposition.
Blending: Birch Oil blends well with Sandalwood and Rosemary Oils.