Banana Essence Oil
The Purple People Market Place Banana essence oil is uncut, alcohol free, long lasting; purely some of the best fragrance available. This high grade oil is excellent for use in aromatherapy diffusers; formulating cosmetics; freshening potpourri; massage oils; bath oil… and of course, as a perfume body oil – to smell just truly wonderful.
Aromatherapy uses & benefits: cheerfulness, soothing. appetite control
Aroma: tropical sweet
Historical facts and legends: Bananas are not really a tree, but are a gigantic herb, being a member of the grass family. They rank second in popularity among fruits, next to the apple. Considered one of the oldest cultivated fruits in the world, the botanical name for the banana (Musa) come from the Sanskrit “moca”. Although it is said to have originated in India, it is at the heart of myth and stories world-wide. Some say this plant grew in the garden of Eden. Scholars of history often debate whether the actual forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden was a banana. The Koran states that it was a banana. Theophrastus, a Greek philosopher and natural scientist, 372 to 287 BCE, retells a legend about wise men who sat under the shade of the banana tree and ate some of its fruit. In the time of this legend, the banana plant was given the botanical name that translates as “banana of the sages.”
General Fragrance Oil Uses:
- Household Freshening – Add a few drops of Banana essence oil inside the trash can, laundry wash, dryer sheet, drain, potpourri, vacuum bag filter, or on a tissue for placement in drawers and closets.
The Fragrant Corner
Banana essence oil is a very sweet, very filling fragrance. Many use it as an appetite controller
- Diffusing – Diffusing oil is one of the best ways to infuse the healing aromas into the atmosphere.It can be as simple as adding a few drops of oil on an upright light bulb, on alight bulb ringor in a lit candle. Other methods include using a plug-in roomor car diffuser. One of the most widely used methods is using an aromatherapy oil diffuser and pendant diffuser.
- Bath – Add a few drops of oil to running bath water and mix well before getting into the tub. Enjoy a wonderful scented bath soak.
- Massage – Create your own massage oil scentsimply add a few drops oil to 1 ounce carrier oil such as Grapeseed oil or Sweet Almond oil base. Keep away from eyes and genital areas.
- Product Scenting – Create scented products by adding Banana essence oil to un-scented base products such as shampoo, liquid soap base, body lotion base, room spray base, moisturizing body gel base.
- …and as a fragrance perfume body oil to smell just truly wonderful.