Ylang Ylang Essence Oil
The Purple EcoVillage Ylang Ylang essence oil is uncut, alcohol free, long lasting; purely some of the best fragrance available. This high grade oil is excellent for use in aromatherapy diffusers; formulating cosmetics; freshening potpourri; massage oils; bath oil… and of course, as a perfume body oil – to smell just truly wonderful.
Aromatherapy uses & benefits: rich, deep, spicy aroma; light brown color; semi-thick consistency
Aroma: Assists in overcoming difficulties
Historical facts and legends: The common name originates from the Philippine alang-ilang, meaning flower of flowers a description of the way in which these star-shaped flowers flutter or hang in the breeze. The Tagalog word ilang means wilderness or the word ilang-ilan meaning rare. The ylang-ylang tree (Cananga odorata) can grow 15 feet per year, and trees can reach over 40 feet tall. It has been stated that the fragrance has a euphoric, relaxing effect on the nervous system – soothing and mood elevating.
General Fragrance Oil Uses:
- Household Freshening – Add a few drops of Ylang Ylang essence oil inside the trash can, laundry wash, dryer sheet, drain, potpourri, vacuum bag filter, or on a tissue for placement in drawers and closets.
The Fragrant Corner
Saving the best for last, Ylang Ylang Oil is absolutely the most intriguing fragrance on the planet (IMHO). Rich, spicy, floral, strong…
- Diffusing – Diffusing oil is one of the best ways to infuse the healing aromas into the atmosphere.It can be as simple as adding a few drops of oil on an upright light bulb, on a light bulb ring or in a lit candle. Other methods include using a plug-in room or car diffuser. One of the most widely used methods is using an aromatherapy oil diffuser and pendant diffuser.
- Bath – Add a few drops of oil to running bath water and mix well before getting into the tub. Enjoy a wonderful scented bath soak.
- Massage – Create your own massage oil scent simply add a few drops oil to 1 ounce carrier oil such as Grapeseed oil or Sweet Almond oil base. Keep away from eyes and genital areas.
- Product Scenting – Create scented products by adding Ylang Ylang essence oil to un-scented base products such as shampoo, liquid soap base, body lotion base, room spray base, moisturizing body gel base.
- …and as a fragrance perfume body oil to smell just truly wonderful.