Botanical Name: Piper nigrum
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: leaves
Strength of Aroma: Moderate
- Wintergreen essential oil can be used for pain relief as well as induce relaxation. When rubbed on an area affected by pain, it is readily absorbed through the skin and the presence of Menthyl Salicylate induces numbness and an anesthetic effect on the nerves at that area. It also increases circulation of the blood and brings warmth. Sleep peacefully.
- This oil assists in alleviating rheumatism and arthritis in two ways. First, when applied externally, it easily penetrates through the skin around the muscles and tissues and stimulates circulation of blood in that location. Secondly, although it is absorbed through the skin, it eventually reaches the blood stream, where it stimulates and increases urination, acting as a diuretic. This speeds up the removal of toxins like uric acid from the body through urination.
- The relaxing and stimulating effect of this oil reduces spasms in the respiratory, muscular, digestive and nervous systems, while providing relief from congestion in the chest, breathing trouble, asthma, spasmodic coughs, muscular cramps, digestive disorders, spasmodic diarrhea, convulsions and nervous afflictions.
- It opens up menstruation and also helps get rid of problems such as nausea, fatigue, and pain that can be associated with difficult periods. But, and this cannot be stressed enough, wintergreen essential oil should not be taken orally.
- It is frequently used to treat snake bites, dog bites, stings from poisonous insects like scorpions, wasps, and bees.
- It is mentally stimulating and increases attentiveness. It can also assist in letting go, surrendering control, and trusting the process of life. It helps in the release of pain, old habits and beliefs that no longer serve one’s aspirations.
- Please note: The essential oil of wintergreen can be poisonous due to the presence of Menthyl Salicylate. It should never be ingested. External application is sufficient for making this oil work inside since it easily seeps through the skin and is absorbed by the muscles and tissues.
- Use Wintergreen Essential Massage Oil to relax and unwind. The aroma is very refreshing in many ways.
- Add several drops into warm bath water to relieve pain and detox. Putting a little Epsom salt or Himalayan Crystal Salt in the bath water increases the therapeutic quality of the treatment. Himalayan Crystal Salt feeds the body with natural minerals which may not be present in one’s dietary intake.
- Add a little Ylang Ylang essential oil for an extra boost. Relax, re-charge, release imbalances NOW.