Botanical Name: Thymus vulgaris
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
flowers and leaves
Strength of Aroma: Potent
spicy, warm, herbaceous aroma
- Thyme essential oil is a good antiseptic and safeguards wounds and sores against infections. It eliminates bacteria as well as keeps them away from the organs in the body. This is particularly beneficial in curing bacterial infections like B-Colitis, renal colic, bacterial infections in the genitals and urethra, intestines, and respiratory system as well as the external exposure of wounds.
- Thyme essential oil also tones up the circulatory system, digestive system, nervous system, muscles, and skin while fortifying them and boosting immunity.
- This essential oil is very beneficial for the heart. It keeps the valves functioning properly, while being an anti spasmodic, it relaxes the arteries and veins and thereby reduces blood pressure and stress on the heart. It strengthens cardiac muscles and tones up the heart. All in all, thyme essential oil is good for every part of heart health.
- White Thyme oil opens obstructed menses, gives relief from the symptoms like abdominal pain, fatigue, nausea, depression and low blood pressure that is associated with menstruation and delay menopause.
- It assists scars and other unwanted spots on the body disappear. These include the surgical marks, marks left by accidental injuries, acne, pox, measles, and sores.
- Thyme oil is very beneficial for those with low blood pressure. Those who run the risk of falling unconscious or just feeling sluggish. This oil can normalize the blood pressure by raising it.
- This oil kills worms such as round worms and tape worms, as well as maggots in open sores and hook worms.
- White Thyme essential oil acts as a memory booster and an antidepressant. Thyme essential oil enhances attritbutes such as courage and will power. It has been used to ward off nightmares, to energizing and revitalizing the soul, aiding focus and mental clarity, and uplifting moods. It is said to be the “oil of releasing and forgiveness”, since it is a powerful cleanser and is thought to help one “cleanse” blocked or stuck emotions.
- Use Thyme Essential Massage Oil to give a vigorous tune up – as healing will occur on many many levels.
- Add several drops into warm bath water to energize mind and attune one with one’s inner knowing. Putting a little Epsom salt or Himalayan Crystal Salt in the bath water increases the therapeutic quality of the treatment. Himalayan Crystal Salt feeds the body with natural minerals which may not be present in one’s dietary intake.
- Add a little Bergamot and Grapefruit essential oils for an extra boost. Relax, re-charge, release imbalances NOW.