Vertiver Green Essence Oil
The Purple EcoVillage Vetiver essence oil is uncut, alcohol free, long lasting; purely some of the best fragrance available. This high grade oil is excellent for use in aromatherapy diffusers; formulating cosmetics; freshening potpourri; massage oils; bath oil… and of course, as a perfume body oil – to smell just truly wonderful.
Aromatherapy uses & benefits: light wintergreen earthy aroma, green color, loose consistency, reminiscent of patchouli but with a touch of lemon.
Aroma: cleansing, soothing
Historical facts and legends: The name Vertivert stems from the Tamil word which means “hatcheted up” and is a description of the way in which the roots are collected. In India it is used to make blinds to keep out the intense heat. When the blinds are sprinkled with water, they emit the vertivert aroma. In Java, the root has been used for centuries in weaving mats and thatching huts. The Vetiver root is used in folk magic for its purported ability to provide safety and increase financial resources. A ritual designed to promote personal safety calls for inhaling Vetiver while visualizing ones body as being sealed off from negative energies.
General Fragrance Oil Uses:
- Household Freshening – Add a few drops of Vertiver essence oil inside the trash can, laundry wash, dryer sheet, drain, potpourri, vacuum bag filter, or on a tissue for placement in drawers and closets.
The Fragrant Corner
Vertiver Green Essence oil is a fresh herbal earthy fragrance. It has been recorded in various texts of India to relieve anxiety.
- Diffusing – Diffusing oil is one of the best ways to infuse the healing aromas into the atmosphere.It can be as simple as adding a few drops of oil on an upright light bulb, on a light bulb ring or in a lit candle. Other methods include using a plug-in room or car diffuser. One of the most widely used methods is using an aromatherapy oil diffuser and pendant diffuser.
- Bath – Add a few drops of oil to running bath water and mix well before getting into the tub. Enjoy a wonderful scented bath soak.
- Massage – Create your own massage oil scent simply add a few drops oil to 1 ounce carrier oil such as Grapeseed oil or Sweet Almond oil base. Keep away from eyes and genital areas.
- Product Scenting – Create scented products by adding Vertivert essence oil to un-scented base products such as shampoo, liquid soap base, body lotion base, room spray base, moisturizing body gel base.
- …and as a fragrance perfume body oil to smell just truly wonderful.