Vanilla Essence Oil
The Purple EcoVillage Vanilla essence oil is uncut, alcohol free, long lasting; purely some of the best fragrance available. This high grade oil is excellent for use in aromatherapy diffusers; formulating cosmetics; freshening potpourri; massage oils; bath oil… and of course, as a perfume body oil – to smell just truly wonderful.
Aromatherapy uses & benefits: love, physical energy
Historical facts and legends: Vanilla comes from orchids of the genus Vanilla. It is the fruit of the planifolia (fragrans) orchid or the tahitensis orchid, the only two of 35,000 species of orchids that bears edible fruit. While the major species of vanilla orchids are now grown around the world, they originally came from Mesoamerica, including parts of modern day Mexico and Guatemala. The Totonac Indians are reported to be the first to cultivate vanilla. The vanilla orchids flowers open briefly only part of one day during a month-long flowering and require hand pollinating to produce fruit.
General Fragrance Oil Uses:
- Household Freshening – Add a few drops of Vanilla essence oil inside the trash can, laundry wash, dryer sheet, drain, potpourri, vacuum bag filter, or on a tissue for placement in drawers and closets.
The Fragrant Corner
Vanilla essence oil comes in two flavors – regular and cookie sweet. The regular smells the nicest. A playful aroma…
- Diffusing – Diffusing oil is one of the best ways to infuse the healing aromas into the atmosphere.It can be as simple as adding a few drops of oil on an upright light bulb, on a light bulb ring or in a lit candle. Other methods include using a plug-in room or car diffuser. One of the most widely used methods is using an aromatherapy oil diffuser and pendant diffuser.
- Bath – Add a few drops of oil to running bath water and mix well before getting into the tub. Enjoy a wonderful scented bath soak.
- Massage – Create your own massage oil scent simply add a few drops oil to 1 ounce carrier oil such as Grapeseed oil or Sweet Almond oil base. Keep away from eyes and genital areas.
- Product Scenting – Create scented products by adding Vanilla essence oil to un-scented base products such as shampoo, liquid soap base, body lotion base, room spray base, moisturizing body gel base.
- …and as a fragrance perfume body oil to smell just truly wonderful.