Botanical Name: Mentha spicata
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Strength of Aroma: Potent
Aromatic Scent: spicy, herbaceous
- Spearmint essential oil works well as an antiseptic for wounds and ulcers, protecting them from becoming septic or developing other infections. It also helps wounds heal faster. These antiseptic properties are due to the presence of components like Menthol, Myrcene and Caryophyllene.
- The menthol content property of Essential Oil of Spearmint has a relaxing and cooling effect on the nerves and muscles, and helps to relax contractions in the case of spasms.
- The antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties of Essential Oil of Spearmint make it a disinfectant which can help rid the body of both internal and external infections.
- The relaxing properties of Essential Oil of Spearmint induce relaxation in the intestines and muscles of the abdominal region, thereby assisting the gases formed in stomach and intestines to pass out of the body naturally. This provides relief from uneasiness and restlessness, insomnia, headaches, stomachaches, indigestion, loss of appetite, chest pain, vomiting, cramps and other related symptoms.
- Spearmint oil functions as a restorative agent. It assists in restoring health and maintain proper functioning of all the organ systems operating in the body. This oil helps repair damage done to the body and aid in the recovery from injuries, wounds and in regaining strength after long bouts of illness
- Spearmint essential oil also has a relaxing and cooling effect on the brain, which removes stress from it’s cognitive center. It helps with concentration. And since it is a cephalic substance, it helps to cure headaches and other stress related neural problems. This oil is reported to be beneficial for the overall health and protection of the brain.
- Use Spearmint Essential Massage Oil to stimulant proper functioning of the entire body, inside and out. Smooth out muscle tensions. Feel renewed and refreshed.
- Add several drops into warm bath water to soak in elasticity to weary joints and muscles as well as sharpen brain faculties. Putting a little Epsom salt or Himalayan Crystal Salt in the bath water increases the therapeutic quality of the treatment. Himalayan Crystal Salt feeds the body with natural minerals which may not be present in one’s dietary intake.
- Add a little Lavender or Rosemary essential oil for an extra boost. Relax, re-charge, release imbalances NOW.