Spain and Austria
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: leaves
Strength of Aroma: Moderate
- Sage, also called garden sage, dalmation sage, or common sage, is a perennial, evergreen subshrub, with woody stems, grayish leaves, and blue to purplish flowers.
- The presence of camphor and camphene in Sage oil gives it an antifungal property. This oil is capable of inhibiting fungal infections both internally and externally, and gives relief from fungal infections such as dysentery, skin diseases, Athlete s Foot, or dermatitis.
- Sage essential oil is useful at countering bacterial infections, since it kills bacteria and inhibits their growth in the body.
This property can also be used to heal bacterial infections in the ears, nose, throat, eyes, genitals, urethra, colon, intestines as well as on the skin and in wounds.
- Since it has antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal properties, it serves as an antiseptic for wounds, surgical incisions, post natal injuries, ulcers, and sores.
- This essential oil regularizes menstrual cycles and helps to relieve obstructed menses. It activates hormones, such as estrogen, which helps bring about clear menstruation and gives relief from problems like headaches, nausea, weakness, fatigue, depression, mood swings and other associated symptoms of periods.
Mental and Emotional Therapeutics:
- Sage neutralizes negativity and creates a psychic shield against tensions. Historically used by Native Americans to clear the air of negativity.
- Use Sage Essential Massage Oil to assist in putting a protective and cleansing field around the body.
- Add several drops into warm bath water to eliminate infections physically, mentally, emotionally. Love your body. Putting a little Epsom salt or Himalayan Crystal Salt in the bath water increases the therapeutic quality of the treatment. Himalayan Crystal Salt feeds the body with natural minerals which may not be present in one’s dietary intake.
- Add a little Geranium or Vetiver essential oil for an extra boost. Relax, re-charge, release imbalances NOW.