Patchouli Essence Oil
The Purple EcoVillage Patchouli essence oil is uncut, alcohol free, long lasting; purely some of the best fragrance available. This high grade oil is excellent for use in aromatherapy diffusers; formulating cosmetics; freshening potpourri; massage oils; bath oil… and of course, as a perfume body oil – to smell just truly wonderful.
four Patchouli Oils to choose from…
* Patchouli, Natural–sweet traditional
* Patchouli, Essential– traditional, earthy; Indonesia
* Patchouli, Sweet – dark, spicy, herbal sweet
* Patchouli, Tunisian– dark, spicy
Aromatherapy uses & benefits: disperses scattered thinking, calms nerves, skin regeneration, insect repellent
Aroma: spicy woodsy earthy aromatic fragrance; brown color; thick consistency
Historical facts and legends: Its name stems from the Tamil language (the official dialect of Singapore and Sri Lanka), patchouli means green leaf. Belonging to the genus Pogostemon, patchouli is a green, leafy herb that is in the mint family. In Rome it was used as an appetite stimulant,
General Fragrance Oil Uses:
- Household Freshening – Add a few drops of Patchouli essence oil inside the trash can, laundry wash, dryer sheet, drain, potpourri, vacuum bag filter, or on a tissue for placement in drawers and closets.
The Fragrant Corner
Patchouli essence oil is the oil of the 60’s. And 70’s. And up to this day, it’s spicy clarity shines the beacon into the new age – which is NOW.
- Diffusing – Diffusing oil is one of the best ways to infuse the healing aromas into the atmosphere.It can be as simple as adding a few drops of oil on an upright light bulb, on a light bulb ring or in a lit candle. Other methods include using a plug-in room or car diffuser. One of the most widely used methods is using an aromatherapy oil diffuser and pendant diffuser.
- Bath – Add a few drops of oil to running bath water and mix well before getting into the tub. Enjoy a wonderful scented bath soak.
- Massage – Create your own massage oil scent simply add a few drops oil to 1 ounce carrier oil such as Grapeseed oil or Sweet Almond oil base. Keep away from eyes and genital areas.
- Product Scenting – Create scented products by adding Patchouli essence oil to un-scented base products such as shampoo, liquid soap base, body lotion base, room spray base, moisturizing body gel base.
- …and as a fragrance perfume body oil to smell just truly wonderful.
The Value of Essence Oils
Here at the EcoVillage, over 600 oils are worked with extensively, and of these – two basic types have been found to be of great benefit. First, there are the essential oils which are pure extracts of flowers, herbs, spices and resins. They tend to be very potent, volatile, and to a certain extent medicinal in aroma. Essential oils are best used diluted in some form of carrier oil base. The EcoVillage also works with essence oil (formulated by generations of essential oil makers) which have been formulated to be worn on the skin. Essence oils in their pure form, uncut and alcohol free, are long lasting, very fragrant. Some are relaxing, others stimulating and invigorating. All are excellent for aromatherapy use. Aromas evoke feelings… and feelings rule.Observe nature, inquire of the animals as to which of their senses is most important. They will let you know that their sense of smell is most vital. Smells travel deep within. Smells can enhance or debilitate one’s outlook on life. Essence oils are pleasant lingering aromas, some last even for days.
Through experience, it has been noted here at the EcoVillage that pure, undiluted essence oils evoke pleasant atmospheres which their more potent essential oil siblings simply do not. Essential oils carry profound therapeutic value along their path of volatile potency. Essence oils carry lingering aromatic atmospheres along their path of expansiveness.
Many Paths. One Goal…
Please be aware:
One may come across unbelievably good offers for oils which may believably be a sacrifice in quality for quantity Experience quality essence oils –