Botanical Name: Thymus masticina
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: leaves
Strength of Aroma: Potent
Aromatic Scent: warm, spicy
- Marjoram Oil promotes perspiration and aids in the removal of toxins, sodium salts and excess water from the body. This also helps bring down fevers and even helps in losing weight, since urine is composed of about 4% fat.
- It also promotes digestion by stimulating the secretion of digestive juices such as gastric juices, acids and bile in the stomach. Inhaling Marjoram can stimulate the salivary glands and thus aid in the primary digestion of food in the mouth.
- This essential oil stimulates the peristaltic movement of the intestines and helps ingested food to move through digestive tract, thereby facilitating digestion and regular bowel movements. However please note that one should drink plenty of water especially if using marjoram oil, since frequent urination can lead to dehydration.
- Irregular, obstructed or painful menstruation can benefit from the emenagogue property of marjoram oil. Not only does it help to clear menses and make them regular, it also provides relief from other symptoms associated with periods, such as headache, pain in the abdominal area, dizziness, and mood swings. Marjoram oil can also help prevent untimely or premature menopause from setting in.
- It is reported to help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and brain hemorrhaging.
- Use Marjoram Essential Massage Oil to stimulate blood circulation, alleviate muscle inflammation, break up colds and flus.
- Emotional highs and lows? Be still, come to your center. Disperse Marjoram oil into your environment.
- Add several drops into warm bath water to enhance healthy brain functioning, remove toxins on a deep level, aid the digestive process, regulate blood pressure. Putting a little Epsom salt or Himalayan Crystal Salt in the bath water increases the therapeutic quality of the treatment. Himalayan Crystal Salt feeds the body with natural minerals which may not be present in one’s dietary intake.
- Add a little Chamomile essential oil for an extra boost. Relax, re-charge, release imbalances NOW.