Botanical Name: Cymbopogon citratus
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: grass
Strength of Aroma: Potent
Aromatic Scent: lemony, slightly earthy
- Lemongrass essential oil is extracted through the process of steam distillation of dried lemongrass. As the name implies, lemongrass smells like lemons, but it’s aroma is milder, sweeter, and less sour.
- Lemongrass Oil raises one’s self esteem, confidence, hope and mental strength, It uplifts spirits and alleviates depression and anxiety.
- It helps cure many nervous disorders such as shaking hands or limbs, nervousness, vertigo, Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease and convulsions, sluggishness, and lack of reflexes. It strengthens the nerves throughout the body and stimulates them.
- Lemongrass Oil helps relieve pain in muscles and joints, as well as toothaches and headaches resulting from viral infections like cough, cold, influenza, fever, and various poxes. It also helps cure general body pain resulting from strenuous activities and athletics.
- As an antipyretic agent, it helps brings down very high fevers. The antiseptic properties of Lemongrass Oil make it a good application for external and internal wounds as well as an ingredient of antiseptic lotions and creams.
- It promotes contraction of gums, hair follicles, muscles, skin and blood vessels, thereby preventing loosening and falling out of teeth, hair loss and it reduces the flow of blood through the vessels.
- In a diluted form, it serves as an efficient deodorant without any side effects.
- It tones all the systems functioning in the body, such as respiratory system, digestive system, nervous system and excretory system and facilitates absorption of nutrients into the body, thus providing strengthening the immune system.
- Use Lemongrass Essential Massage Oil to cleanse and refresh every organ in the body. Spring clean all year round!
- Diffuse it near the computer or other work type space. Feel the difference.
- Add several drops into warm bath water to soak in sunshine and uplift one’s spirits. Putting a little Epsom salt or Himalayan Crystal Salt in the bath water increases the therapeutic quality of the treatment. Himalayan Crystal Salt feeds the body with natural minerals which may not be present in one’s dietary intake.
- Add a little cedar wood essential oil for an extra boost. Relax, re-charge, release imbalances NOW.