Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Plant Part: flower and leaves
Strength of Aroma: moderate
Aromatic Scent: warm, herbaceous
- Lavender essential oil is an effective repellent for insects such as mosquitoes, midges, and moths. The anti-inflammatory qualities of Lavender essential oil reduce the irritation and the discomfort associated with bug bites. The oil is also useful for hair care because it assists in alleviating lice, lice eggs, and nits.
- The health benefits of lavender oil for the skin can be attributed to its antiseptic and antifungal properties. It is used to treat acne, wrinkles, psoriasis, and other inflammatory skin conditions. It is commonly used to speed up the healing process of wounds, cuts, burns, and sunburns because it improves the formation of scar tissues. Add chamomile essential to Lavender to treat eczema.
- Lavender essential oil induces sleep. Place some lavender essential oil the pillow before laying down to rest. It’s calming scent makes it an excellent tonic for the nerves and anxiety difficulties. As such, is helpful in treating migraines, headaches, depression, nervous tension and emotional stress. The refreshing aroma removes nervous exhaustion and restlessness while also increasing mental activity. It has a well-researched affect on the autonomic nervous system, which is why it is frequently used as a treatment for insomnia and also as a way to regulate heart-rate variability. One study showed that people taking tests showed a significant decrease in mental stress and anxiety, as well as increased cognitive function when they inhaled lavender oil and rosemary oil before taking the exam.
- Lavender oil is also respiratory problems including throat infections, flu, cough, cold, asthma, sinus congestion, bronchitis, whooping cough, laryngitis, and tonsillitis. The oil is either used in a diffuser or is applied on the skin of the neck, chest and back. It is also added to many vaporizers and inhalers that are commonly used for colds and coughs. The stimulating nature of lavender essential oil loosens phlegm and relieve congestion associated with respiratory conditions, speeding up the recovery process and helping the body naturally eliminate phlegm and other unwanted material. The aroma of lavender essential oil also has antibacterial qualities which can alleviate respiratory tract infections.
- Lavender essential oil is good for improving the circulation of blood in the body. This essential oil is known as an excellent remedy for pain caused by sore and tense muscles, muscular aches, rheumatism, sprains, backache and lumbago. A regular massage with lavender oil can also provide relief from pain in the joints.
- Lavender oil is useful for digestion because it increases the mobility of food within the intestine. The oil also stimulates the production of gastric juices and bile, thus aiding in the treatment of indigestion, stomach pain, colic, flatulence, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Use Lavender Essential Massage Oil to speed up all healing processes.
- Take it to the streets. Use Lavender essential oil and keep calm.
- Add several drops into warm bath water to soak in elasticity to weary joints and muscles. Putting a little Epsom salt or Himalayan Crystal Salt in the bath water increases the therapeutic quality of the treatment. Himalayan Crystal Salt feeds the body with natural minerals which may not be present in one’s dietary intake.
- Add a little Clary Sage essential oil for an extra boost. Relax, re-charge, release imbalances NOW.