Juniper Essence Oil
The Purple EcoVillage Juniper essence oil is uncut, alcohol free, long lasting; purely some of the best fragrance available. This high grade oil is excellent for use in aromatherapy diffusers; formulating cosmetics; freshening potpourri; massage oils; bath oil… and of course, as a perfume body oil – to smell just truly wonderful.
Aromatherapy uses & benefits: detoxifying, refreshing, stimulating, relaxing
Aroma: slightly pungent sweet pine fragrance
Historical facts and legends: The juniper is an evergreen tree native to Europe, Asia, and the northern parts of North America. All sorts of magical powers were ascribed to it: It was said to retrieve lost objects, protect against venomous beasts and guard against spells of faintness and weakness. Western European folklore tells that if a juniper tree is planted by the door to one’s home, a witch cannot enter. Juniper incense has also been used by the Scottish to ward off the evil eye, and by the Tibetans to remove demons. Juniper is widely used in medicinal as well as culinary preparations.
General Fragrance Oil Uses:
- Household Freshening – Add a few drops of Juniper essence oil inside the trash can, laundry wash, dryer sheet, drain, potpourri, vacuum bag filter, or on a tissue for placement in drawers and closets.
The Fragrant Corner
Juniper essence oil is a grassy fragrance. Assists in calming high blood pressure and nervousness.
- Diffusing – Diffusing oil is one of the best ways to infuse the healing aromas into the atmosphere.It can be as simple as adding a few drops of oil on an upright light bulb, on a light bulb ring or in a lit candle. Other methods include using a plug-in room or car diffuser. One of the most widely used methods is using an aromatherapy oil diffuser and pendant diffuser.
- Bath – Add a few drops of oil to running bath water and mix well before getting into the tub. Enjoy a wonderful scented bath soak.
- Massage – Create your own massage oil scent simply add a few drops oil to 1 ounce carrier oil such as Grapeseed oil or Sweet Almond oil base. Keep away from eyes and genital areas.
- Product Scenting – Create scented products by adding Juniper essence oil to un-scented base products such as shampoo, liquid soap base, body lotion base, room spray base, moisturizing body gel base.
- …and as a fragrance perfume body oil to smell just truly wonderful.