Heliotrope Essence Oil
The Purple EcoVillage Heliotrope essence oil is uncut, alcohol free, long lasting; purely some of the best fragrance available. This high grade oil is excellent for use in aromatherapy diffusers; formulating cosmetics; freshening potpourri; massage oils; bath oil… and of course, as a perfume body oil – to smell just truly wonderful.
Aromatherapy uses & benefits: soothes nerves, calming, aid in controlling anxiety
Aroma: mildly sweet, vanilla-like
Historical facts and legends: Legend has it that the Greek god Helios (Apollo) turned the requited admirer Clytie into a flower in response to her spending all her days staring at the sun looking towards the day that Helios would return her affection. Heliotrope comes from the Greek word hēliotropion; hēlio – of or relateing to the sun and tropos – turn… its flowers’ toward the sun.
General Fragrance Oil Uses:
- Household Freshening – Add a few drops of Heliotrope essence oil inside the trash can, laundry wash, dryer sheet, drain, potpourri, vacuum bag filter, or on a tissue for placement in drawers and closets.
The Fragrant Corner
Heliotrope essence oil is mildly sweet with a distinct pleasant floral over note. It sends forth calming rays of healing aromas like a rising sun.
- Diffusing – Diffusing oil is one of the best ways to infuse the healing aromas into the atmosphere.It can be as simple as adding a few drops of oil on an upright light bulb, on a light bulb ring or in a lit candle. Other methods include using a plug-in room or car diffuser. One of the most widely used methods is using an aromatherapy oil diffuser and pendant diffuser.
- Bath – Add a few drops of oil to running bath water and mix well before getting into the tub. Enjoy a wonderful scented bath soak.
- Massage – Create your own massage oil scent simply add a few drops oil to 1 ounce carrier oil such as Grapeseed oil or Sweet Almond oil base. Keep away from eyes and genital areas.
- Product Scenting – Create scented products by adding Heliotrope essence oil to un-scented base products such as shampoo, liquid soap base, body lotion base, room spray base, moisturizing body gel base.
- …and as a fragrance perfume body oil to smell just truly wonderful.