Grapefruit Essence Oil
The Purple EcoVillage Grapefruit essence oil is uncut, alcohol free, long lasting; purely some of the best fragrance available. This high grade oil is excellent for use in aromatherapy diffusers; formulating cosmetics; freshening potpourri; massage oils; bath oil… and of course, as a perfume body oil – to smell just truly wonderful.
Aromatherapy uses & benefits: cheerful, disperses negativity
Aroma: potent, crisp, citrusy
Historical facts and legends: The Grapefruit is a true New World crop. It is a relatively modern fruit, a hybrid of the pummelo (citrus grandis), and the sweet orange (citrus sinensis). Native to the West Indies, it has been Called ‘the forbidden fruit of Barbados’. It was reported that in the 1800′s a Jamaican farmer called the fruit “grapefruit” due to the grape-like cluster in which it grows on trees.
General Fragrance Oil Uses:
- Household Freshening – Add a few drops of Grapefruit essence oil inside the trash can, laundry wash, dryer sheet, drain, potpourri, vacuum bag filter, or on a tissue for placement in drawers and closets.
The Fragrant Corner
Grapefruit essence oil is tangy and refreshing. Wear it to feel bright eyed, ready to take on anything.
- Diffusing – Diffusing oil is one of the best ways to infuse the healing aromas into the atmosphere.It can be as simple as adding a few drops of oil on an upright light bulb, on a light bulb ring or in a lit candle. Other methods include using a plug-in room or car diffuser. One of the most widely used methods is using an aromatherapy oil diffuser and pendant diffuser.
- Bath – Add a few drops of oil to running bath water and mix well before getting into the tub. Enjoy a wonderful scented bath soak.
- Massage – Create your own massage oil scent simply add a few drops oil to 1 ounce carrier oil such as Grapeseed oil or Sweet Almond oil base. Keep away from eyes and genital areas.
- Product Scenting – Create scented products by adding Grapefruit essence oil to un-scented base products such as shampoo, liquid soap base, body lotion base, room spray base, moisturizing body gel base.
- …and as a fragrance perfume body oil to smell just truly wonderful.