Bay Essential Oil
Method: Steam distilled
Botanical Name: Ocimum basilicum
- The benefit of bay leaf oil lies in its calming and warming effect on emotions and aches and pains in general, including rheumatic pains. It also settles the digestive system, excess gas and also acts as a tonic on the liver and kidneys. In small quantities it has a stimulating effect, while larger amounts have a sedative effect.
- Bay Leaf essential oil is also beneficial for hair and scalp and is mostly assists with hair loss.
- It is also used in treating sprains, strains and bruises.
- Place 2-3 drops of Bay essential oil in an oil diffuser to infuse the atmosphere with anti-bacterial, calming, healing aromas. Excellent for infections, fever and general aches and pains. It can also stimulate inspiration and has a calming effect on the mind.
Massage oil and bath
- Using Bay Essential Massage Oil is an excellent way to carry the healing properties deep within the passages of the body.
- Add a several drops into warm bath water. Putting a little Epsom salt or Himalayan Crystal Salt in the bath water increases the therapeutic quality of the treatment. Himalayan Crystal Salt feeds the body with natural minerals which may not be present in one’s dietary intake.
- Add a little Lavender or Sweet Orange essential oil for an extra boost. Relax, re-charge, release imbalances NOW.